You may enter the collaborative process by contacting a collaborative attorney, divorce coach, or other collaborative professional. Whichever way you choose to begin the process, you will require a collaborative family attorney to provide you with legal advice and to prepare the legal documents that will be needed to finalize your separation and divorce.
All of the attorneys on our list are members of the Nevada County Collaborative Divorce Practice Group and are trained in mediation and in collaborative divorce. By clicking on a attorney’s name, you can view their biography and additional contact information. Each attorney’s phone number and email address is provided.
- Nanci G. Clinch
- 401 Spring Street, Suite 204, Nevada City, CA 95959
- (530) 265-8690
- Dona Woods Glanz
- Post Office Box 1359, Nevada City, CA 95959
- (530) 273-7668
- I have practiced family law in Nevada County since 1997, preceded by and have been a certified mediator since 2006. A member since the creation of the Nevada County Collaborative Practice Group was formed, I served as board president 2011-2013.
- Chandra E. Miller, Attorney at Law
Law Office of Chandra E. Miller
- 1 California Street, Auburn, CA 95603
- (530) 888-1511 office
(530) 888-1236 Fax
- Maralee Nelder, Esq., CFLS*, CDFA**
- Post Office Box 1536, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- (530) 272-5672
- * Certified Family Law Specialist, Certified by Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California
** Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, Certified by Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- I have been interested in all facets of family law creative problem solving since I started to practice Family Law in Nevada County in 1982 and became a Certified Family Law Specialist (State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization) in 1987, In addition to being one of the founding member of the Nevada County Collaborative Practice Group, I have been an arbitrator since 1984, a Certified Mediator since the early 1990’s and serve as a settlement conference judge in Nevada County and adjacent counties. I have also acted as a Judge Pro Tem in Nevada, Placer, Sierra, and El Dorado counties. I maintain a very active team oriented family law practice.
In 2009, I became a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. This is not because I want to get away from being an attorney, but because the study area interests me as another set of tools to help people through the complex and difficult process of restructuring a family and a life.
- James-Phillip V.M. Anderson, Esq.
- THE LAW OFFICES OF
JAMES-PHILLIP V.M. ANDERSON
Phone: (916) 791-7273
Fax: (916) 836-3211
- ROSEVILLE OFFICE (Please address all mail to this address)
1700 Eureka Road, Suite 155
Roseville, CA 95661
- NEVADA CITY OFFICE
222 Church Street
Nevada City, CA 95959 (No Mail)
- James Anderson is a member of the Van Maren family, which has played an important role in the community of Citrus Heights, California, for six generations. In hopes of carrying on the Van Maren tradition, James works to make a difference in his community such as volunteering with the Citrus Heights Rotary and providing pro bono services to the rural counties of northern California. James attended school locally, receiving his degree in Criminal Justice from California State University of Sacramento in 2010,his Juris Doctorate from Lincoln Law School of Sacramento in 2014 and was admitted to practice law in California in 2014.
- During his undergraduate and post-graduate studies,he worked full time running his own successful construction business with a continued emphasis on hard work and dedication to his clients.While diligently attending to the needs of his clients and serving his community, Mr. Anderson was still able to obtain an award for perfect attendance for all four years he attended law school, which demonstrates his drive and commitment. During Law school James interned for the Honorable Jaime Roman while he was a family law court judge. Now, as an attorney, he uses that same work ethic to diligently and compassionately represent his clients. Prior to and throughout law school, James knew he wanted to practice Family Law because he loves to work with people and finds it very rewarding to help others through difficult times.
- James is an active member of the Placer County BAR Association, the Nevada County BAR association, and the Sacramento County BAR association. As an Eagle Scout, James enjoys spending his free time hiking and backpacking in the Sierras, being an active member of his church, and playing with his black lab, Shadow.